Thank you for using the official Florida Hardest-Hit Fund
Principal Reduction (HHF-PR) Website!
Attention Previous Applicants: If you were deemed ineligible and wish to have your application re-evaluated, DO NOT begin a new application for the Florida HHF-PR Program. To have your application re-evaluated, please contact your original HHF-PR Advisor (advisor). If you do not know who your advisor is, call the toll-free HHF Information Line at 1-(877) 863-5244 to speak with an agent.
This site contains all the information you will need to begin your application for
the Florida HHF-PR program, with step-by-step instructions and prompts to help you. In addition,
there are facts about the program, answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) and other
information that may be helpful to you.
The federal government has allocated funding to assist eligible Florida homeowners who
owe at least 125% more on their home than its current market value, commonly referred to as the
home being “underwater.” The Florida Hardest-Hit Fund Principal Reduction (HHF-PR) program will
provide up to $50,000 to an eligible homeowner(s) to help reduce the principal balance of the first
mortgage. The program is available in all 67 counties in the State.
Eligibility requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must be a Florida resident and a legal US resident/legal alien;
- Must occupy property as primary residence;
- Must be current on the monthly mortgage payment (cannot be 60 or more days
late on the first mortgage within the past 24 months);
- Property must have been purchased prior to January 1, 2010;
- Must have an unpaid principal balance (UPB) that does not exceed $350,000
for the first mortgage;
- Loan-to-value for the first mortgage must be greater than 125%; and
- Total household income (including all persons living in the home age 18
years and older) must be less than 140% of the area median income (AMI) as provided by the US
Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Click here to download the HHF-PR “Frequently Asked Questions”
document, which contains the complete list of Florida HHF-PR eligibility requirements and program
After reviewing this information, if you determine that your situation does not meet
all of the eligibility criteria for participation in the HHF-PR program, you may qualify for
Florida HHF Unemployment Mortgage Assistance Program (UMAP) or Mortgage Loan Reinstatement Program
(MLRP) assistance. To review program eligibility criteria and/or to submit an application, you will
need to visit www.FLHardestHitHelp.org.
IMPORTANT PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENTS!
- Please be aware that www.PrincipalReductionFLHHF.org is the
OFFICIAL website for Florida Hardest-Hit Fund Principal Reduction (HHF-PR) program
information and to apply for assistance. We strongly encourage you to
verify that the website you are using is, in fact, the official Florida HHF-PR website
BEFORE you provide your personal information. If you are concerned that
you have used a website that is suspicious, contact the HHF Information Line toll-free at 1-(877)
863-5244 to verify the website address.
Application for the Florida HHF-PR program is FREE-OF-CHARGE and you will not be asked to pay for any eligibility
determination services in conjunction with applying for the Florida HHF.
- Please be advised that the entities listed below ARE NOT associated with, nor
authorized to represent Florida Housing Finance Corporation (Florida Housing) and/or the Florida
Hardest-Hit Fund Principal Reduction (HHF-PR) program. Neither Florida Housing nor its authorized representatives will require any fees to
apply for or have eligibility determined for the program.
- Mader Law Group
- Attorneys Legal Network
- The Law Center
- National Loan Restructuring
- LMPrep LLC
- Hardship Center
- KAT Capital Group, LLC
Also, the following agencies are no longer participating
in the Hardest-Hit Fund program:
- REACH (Real Estate, Education and Community Housing)
- Re-liance Financial, Inc.
- Second Chance Help Center, Inc.
- All-American Foreclosure Solutions, Inc.
- Affordable Housing Centers of America
- Reliable Business Solutions